We have specific criteria for adoption. These rules are in effect for the protection of the animals.
• We require that the adoptive family be within a 2-hour radius of our location, Bloomingburg, NY.
• We do site checks prior to the animal leaving our premises and in their new homes--for life.
• Any animals with Breed or Association Registry papers are placed with photocopies of these papers. Originals remain with the Rescue.
• There is no breeding of mares.
• We do have an Adoption Contract. Contracts are available at the time the perspective family meets the animal.
• All applicants must be over 18 years of age.
• Adoption fees range from $150.00 for a Companion only - no riding horse or pony up to $1,000 for sound show types. These fees are not negotiable.
• If for any reason the adoptive family can no longer keep the animal, it is to come back to the Rescue. These animals may not be sold, leased, rented, loaned or given to anyone. They are transferred by means of Adoption, NOT
Sale. Adoption fees are held for 1 week. If the animal is not returned in 7 days -- the fee is not refundable.
We allow and encourage people to spend time with the horses before they bring them home. We try to insure that the match is correct. This relieves a great deal of stress for both the adoptive family and the horses. The stress of the move is diminished when the horses already 'know' that someone is there.
Take a look around...there may be someone waiting for you!
See the bio's of our Adoptable Riding Horses
and Adoptable Companion Horses
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org